FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
Catawba County Home Health is highly regarded and recognized in the field of home health. . We are certified by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care with Deemed Status and certified by Medicare and Medicaid. In addition, our organization was recognized in the HomeCare Elite 2006 & 2007 lists for high performance in patient care.
Our team of over 40 experienced professionals includes Registered Nurses, licensed Physical, Speech and Occupational Therapists, Home Health Aides, Medical Social Workers, and an efficient office staff. When necessary we also have access to interpreters to improve communication with clients and caregivers about treatments.
Skilled Nursing Care
Our Registered Nurses provide a healthy dose of medical expertise and compassion, from administering medication, to educating clients and their families about managing chronic diseases.
Our nursing services include but are not limited to:
- Pediatric Nursing Services
- IV infusions
- Certified wound care (wound vacs)
- Infant apnea monitoring
- Heel sticks for hyperbilirubinemia
- Vital signs and glucose monitoring
- Disease management
- Catheter and ostomy care
- Administration of injections
- Laboratory testing
- Pain management
- Post-surgical care
- Therapeutic exercises (including regimens for clients to continue independently)
- Exercise instructions for joint replacement patients
- Prosthetic training for patients with amputations
- Balance and gait training
- Muscle re-education
- Instruction for proper use of assistive devices
- Strengthening of upper extremities in cases of injury or surgery of the arms, hands, or shoulders
- Retraining for self-care skills such as:
- Personal hygiene
- Assessment of safety conditions in the home and needs for adaptive equipment
- Improvement of fine motor coordination
- Energy conservation, joint protection and urinary incontinence retraining
- Treatment for swallowing, speech, language and voice disorders
- VitalStim® therapy for swallowing disorders
How to Make a Referral:
To make a referral to Catawba County Home Health, please contact us at 828-695-5849 or you may fax your referral to 828-695-5101.
Referral Forms may be found by clicking here.
Catawba County Home Health
3070 11th Ave Dr SE
Hickory, NC 28602
Nurse On-Call: 1-800-417-3274
Email Alice Layne
Catawba County Home Health accepts a variety of payment options including self-pay, private insurance, Veterans Administration (VA), Workers Compensation, Medicaid and Medicare. Please call 828-695-5852 for information about in-network status for private insurances.